for Knitwise Design 2017
29 Winding Trail Headband
The trail is rarely straight - and neither is this headband! A little stockinette cable tacks across the rugged garter stitch terrain with edges that undulate along with it. Worked back and forth in rows and joined with a three needle bind-off, this is a quick and easy knit.
This design is appropriate for a knitter who is comfortable with working cables. Provisional cast on and three needle bind off are explained in the pattern. The pattern is two pages long and has been test knit and professionally tech edited to be clear and free of errors.
To fit most women - easily adjusted.
Width = approximately 3 1/2 in/ 9 cm overall.
Length of unstretched headband = 19 in/ 48 cm - may be increased or decreased by approximately 2 in/ 5 cm increments to fit a wide range of head sizes.
Gauge: 20sts and 40 rows/ 4in/ 10 cm in garter stitch.
What You Need:
- Malabrigo “Merino Worsted” (100% merino wool; 210 yds/ 192 m per 3.5oz/ 100 g); 1/2 skein. Shown in color #27 Bobby Blue. Or 80 yds/ 73 m of a comparable heavy worsted/ aran weight yarn.
- One pair of straight needles and a spare dpn in size required to obtain gauge. I used US #6/ 4mm. You may need a size or two above or below that.
- Size G crochet hook for CO
- Smooth scrap yarn, at least 45 in/ 114.5 cm long, for CO
- Cable needle
- Large eyed tapestry needle
- In by
- no charts
- no schematics
- no sewing
- no sewing, straight (flat)
- width = approximately 3 1/2 in/ 9 cm overall. length of unstretched headband = 19 in/ 48 cm - may be increased or decreased by approximately 2 in/ 5 cm increments to fit a wide range of head sizes.
- digital PDF has 2 pages (letter size)
- 4 x 4 in
- 4.0 mm
- US 6
- 20.0 over pattern
For support questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead for faster response.
New reviews will be available soon.