for Knitwise Design 2016
27 Cable and Flare Scarf
Little cables unwind with a flare in this completely reversible scarf. A simple two stitch lace is worked the same on all rows as it runs along side the cables. The pattern is easily memorized and can be worked to any length - with no blocking required. Lightweight yet warm in an alpaca sock yarn, this scarf will be sure to add some flair to your cool weather wardrobe!
This design is suitable for knitters who are comfortable with basic knitting techniques as well as working cables. The directions are in written form only - no charts. The pattern is two pages long and has been test knit and professionally tech edited to be clear and free of errors.
Sizes: One size - any length
Scarf Body Width: 5 3/4 in/ 14.5 cm
Flare width: 9 1/2 in/ 24 cm
Length: Adjustable - scarf shown is 41 in/ 104 cm long.
30 sts and 32 rows/ 4in/ 10 cm over reversible Cable and Lace Pattern with no blocking. Gauge is not critical in this design; a stockinette swatch that gives 22 sts and 31 rows/ 4 in/ 10cm can be used to choose appropriate needle size.
What You Need:
- Classic Elite Yarns Alpaca Sox
(60% alpaca, 20% merino wool, 20% nylon; 450 yds/ 412 m per 3.5 oz/ 100 g skein); shown in color 1883 - Summer Sky; 1 skein. Or 340 yds/ 312 m of a light, lofty, sock weight yarn. Note that if you make your scarf longer you will need more yarn.
- One set of straight needles in size required to obtain gauge. I used US #5/ 3.75 mm. You may need a size or two above or below that. My needle size was four US sizes larger than I would normally use with this yarn for socks.
- One cable needle
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends
- In by
- no charts
- no schematics
- no sewing
- no sewing, straight (flat)
- finished measurements: scarf body width: 5 3/4 in/ 14.5 cm flare width: 9 1/2 in/ 24 cm length: adjustable - scarf shown is 41 in/ 104 cm long.
- digital PDF has 2 pages (letter size)
- 4 x 4 in
- 3.75 mm
- US 5
- 30.0 over pattern
For support questions, please email email@example.com instead for faster response.
New reviews will be available soon.