Seven Super Skills Cowl: A Cat Bordhi Workshop Pattern
THE SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS PATTERN ARE:
• The stretchy Crocodile Cast-On: page 3
• Determine tail length needed: page 3
• Digest and internalize a chart: page 5
• Perfect your SSK lines with Hungry Stitch: page 9
• Work pairs of crossed stitches: page 9
• Draw stitches and read your knitting: page 9
• Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off: page 12
• A smooth chain closure to a circular edge: page 12
The pattern includes 6 live video tutorial links so that I can “sit beside you” and demonstrate a technique just as I would in a real workshop.
About the cowl design: I wear the Ewetopia version of this cowl everywhere and cannot bear to travel without it—it has become my blankie, and I now knit them for loved ones. I first taught this workshop to thirty yarn shop owners at the TNNA convention (The National Needlework Association) in Phoenix in January 2012. To my delight, not a single knitter in the room knew more than a few of the techniques, and many finished the cowl that day or the next. This encourages me to think that you too will be as happy as they were to learn these tricks and will also enjoy wearing the cowl. With these skills in your repertoire, you will be a more agile and confident knitter, make fewer mistakes, and will love the end results. By the way, it turns out there are eight skills included … I couldn’t stop.
- In by
For support questions, please email email@example.com instead for faster response.
New reviews will be available soon.