Leventry is a sophisticated shawl worked in two colors of fingering weight yarn. Starting with a garter tab, the shawl is worked from the top down and begins with two-color stripes that combine the textures of stockinette and garter stitch. The lower portion is highlighted by a band of geometric lace, and the border is finished with an additional stripe of color and a lacy picot bind off.
Roughly 400-420 yds./366-384 m of each color is needed for this shawl. The sample used less than one skein of each color of the recommended yarn.
To knit this pattern, you need to know how to:
- do a provisional cast on and pick up stitches along a garter edge (for the garter tab),
- knit and purl when working flat,
- do directional increases,
- work lace stitches from a chart or written directions,
- do a centered double decrease, and
- do a cable cast on (for the picot bind off).
The lace portion of this shawl is both charted and written.
This pattern has been professionally tech edited.
If you like this design, have a look at the matching cowl;
- In by
- lace border is both written and charted
- no schematics
- no sewing
- all season
- top-down, straight (flat), no sewing
- one size, approximately 60.5 in./153.5 cm wide along top edge and 30 in./76 cm deep at center spine
- digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- 4 x 4 in
- 3.75 mm
- US 5
- 18.0 over pattern
For support questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead for faster response.
New reviews will be available soon.