Elizabeth Green Musselman
for Dark Matter Knits 2010
DMK002 How to Teach Stranded Knitting
This is a pattern for fingerless mitts that comes with a teaching module detailing how to prepare for and teach a stranded knitting class.
Anyone who has ever taught a knitting class knows how much time and energy goes into preparing a good class. This module removes most of that weight off your shoulders. (Though I cannot knit the class project sample for you!)
The eight-page PDF you will receive includes:
* 5 pages of detailed and innovative instructions on how to prepare for and teach a stranded knitting class, including what materials and facilities you will need, how to prepare for the class, step-by-step schedule of what to do in class, what students will need to know before taking the class, and how long the class should be.
* a 1-page handout with essential notes to give to your students
* a 2-page pattern with full instructions for a pair of simple fingerless mitts, which will help students practice basic stranded knitting techniques.
* full pattern and teaching support from the designer
Please note that this module is not designed to teach the reader stranded knitting techniques. Instead, it is designed for someone who already has some experience with stranded knitting, and who would like to teach a class on it.
The designer has 12 years of experience teaching both knitting and college students, and has been hired as an educational consultant on several occasions.
Purchasers will receive all updates to this module free of charge. Complete refund made if you are not satisfied.
I proposed your class to my LYS and they’ve said sure and we’re setting a date in January. Got my money’s worth already—when I can I buy more? – Joeli on Ravelry
Wonderful idea, the layout and content are great! And a beautiful pattern. Thank you for taking the time to do this. — tory86 on Ravelry
You have created a high-quality teaching aid. I don’t think I have ever received such a good-looking, detailed and useful handout at a class. – Nancy N.
- In by
- colorwork pattern for mitts charted
- no schematics
- no sewing
- circular, no sewing
- 2 sizes: m women's & l women's / m men's
- digital PDF has 8 pages (letter size)
- 4 x 4 in
- 4.0 mm
- US 6
- 20.0 over pattern
People who bought this, also bought ...
For support questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org instead for faster response.
New reviews will be available soon.